November 6, 2011

R.I.P. Challenge Wrap-Up

October has faded, and we're now into another November, which means the R.I.P. Challenge has come to an end.



This was my first year participating, and I kind of took a loose approach to it. I did read several books that fit into the challenge's parameters:

The Hound of the Baskervilles by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle


The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman (audio)


Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman (audio)


The Gunslinger by Stephen King (Dark Tower I)


The Drawing of the Three by Stephen King(Dark Tower II)


As I've posted before, I think reading books set in the same season/mood as you're in can not only enhance the story for you, but also emphasize your surroundings - which is why I absolutely wanted to include myself in a challenge based on that same principal. I had fun, and really enjoyed the books I read in the last two months. I look forward to participating again next year :-)

No comments: